Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Artist Statement:

My work is an extension of myself. While my choice of medium changes as I grow as an artist, the connection between my soul and my art only grows. Life experiences such as having a niece, the death of my best friends (my dogs Maxy and Unicky), and finally falling in love with the love of my life have molded the way I perform. Experience is my art. Through the lessons I have lived through, I have learn to connect to my crafts on an emotional level. All my life I have hidden behind my emotions, until I met someone who let me understand that they are not demons, but rather Angels waiting to touch each stroke of paint or each spoken word of a script. As a person who dabbles in various mediums of art such as paint, collage, sculpture and acting, I present my work in a way that has a piece of me in it that the audience can discover. When I act on stage or on film, I let the world see a part of me that they may not necessarily see on an average day. So my question to those who grace me with the gift of their attention is, will you explore me, just as I explore myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment